Association for Skills Development
The Association for Skills Development in South Africa (ASDSA) endeavours to further the aims of the National Skills Development and other human capital development strategies through the participation of skills development practitioners (SDPs) and skills development administrators (SDAs) in education, training and development initiatives.
The Association lobbies Government, the SETAs and other authorities on behalf of its members and is developing a range of recognised skills development practitioner and skills development administrator qualifications and continuing professional development programmes.
- The Mission of the Association for Skills Development in South Africa (ASDSA) is to:
- Grow our individual and corporate membership
- Develop and implement a professional designation certification programme for skills development professionals
- Develop and implement a continuous professional development programme so that the skills development professionals can maintain currency in developments and initiatives in this field
- Be represented on business and labour forums
- Develop a qualifications framework
- Represent members’ skills related interests
- Support, assist and provide knowledge and information that is required by members in order to fulfil their corporate socio-economic and community responsibilities, and
- Uphold a code of conduct
The Vision of the Association for Skills Development in South Africa (ASDSA) is to seek to establish and maintain the credibility of the skills development profession, regardless of the industrial sector.