Professional education and training practitioners definition
Professional education and training practitioners definition.
“The highest standards for teaching, training and learning, supported by the professional body.”
Professional education and training practitioners by definition:
- are dual professionals, having deep knowledge, conceptual understanding and expertise in teaching and learning processes and contexts for diverse learners, matched with expert subject knowledge and skills,
- have a personal commitment to reflect on and share expertise with professional colleagues, to innovate and learn from the best national and international practices, and through professional body membership,
- enjoy professional recognition and status, and hold at least a NQF level 5 qualifications in learning and teaching, or be committed to work towards this in the near future,
- have the ability and space to make judgements and decisions based on knowledge and experience and so practising with autonomy, trust and accountability
- expect a professionalised environment in which to operate, where leaders and managers are responsible for ensuring a collaborative culture which secures excellence, resting on trust and confidence
- deserve career pathways which offer suitable rewards to individual professionals as they demonstrate excellence.